Wednesday 8 September 2010

After the next

My hands didn't want to work yesterday.  I don't have arthritis, or at least not the kind that hurts and aches, but sometimes, my hands just feel stupid and don't want to cooperate.  I'm a little concerned, because this is the second time in as many weeks.  Perhaps a little later today they will settle down.  I'm sure hoping so.

Yesterday I tackled a heinous job of going through some old boxes that needed to be gone through and sorted and ordered.  I'm done the sorting, but not the ordering.  Just not enough hours in the day.

As I mentioned yesterday, the yarn for the next project is going to come from the yarn cabinet.  It is sitting there, cheering me on, waiting impatiently for the vest to be done.  

There are 7 or 8 skeins of Yakima Heather Cascade 220, oddly enough, the same warm heathery forest floor green colour as I am using for Mr. Needle's vest,  for an Elysium.  That is the plan anyway (you know how that goes!).

There is a delicious red Tupa, a silk and merino from the Mirasol Collection.  It will be for my long delayed Agatha, a lovely shawl designed by a friend and local to Edmonton designer.  It can be purchased through Ravelry.  It is the right sort of yarn to show off the marvelous shaping Agatha has within its patterns.  

There is a selection of Briggs and Little Regal, a red, a white and I have no idea what they will be for.  I just know they will make something good and warm.  There is a sport weight yarn in a rich olive green that I plan to knit with something I just don't normally knit with to make some twining cables,  some worsted yarn in a deep intense inky blueberry and dk wieght in a warm rusty red.  Sigh, there is a lot of good stuff in that cabinet.  

There is also some seriously fine Woobu from Blue Moon Fibre Atrs,  and this is the yarn I am thinking of this morning...in lieu of knitting.  

I had thought that I might knit a Goodale, or for those of you without Rav links, a Goodale.  I still might but now I am less sure of it.  I'm not sure why, but this yarn, this lovely wool and bamboo blend, is causing me some trouble.  I have 3 skeins of a soft gray, plenty for a simple short sleeved sweater, but I also have a skein of it in a stunning multi colour called Fire on the Mountain.  Every colour under the sun is in it and it looks stunning with the soft gray. I'd like to use them together and Goodale won't allow for that. 

It isn't often that this happens.  I usually see the sweater in a yarn right away.  Usually, I don't buy a yarn without knowing what it will be, but not in this one.  This yarn sells out too fast for me to think about.  It shows up one day, and is sold out the next.  I bought this purely on impulse.  

I've looked at so many patterns, and just have not seen one that it wants to be.  Perhaps it is a good thing that I have those duck feet to knit, the other felted slippers, the sweater, the 2 blankets and a vest all of which I want to finish this fall.  No rush for a decision at all.             

No comments: