Monday 12 July 2010

Monday Monday

You know how sometimes when you wake in the morning, you are sure the world is gray and cloudy?  But all you need to do is clean your glasses, and suddenly everything is clear?  

No?  I should remember this more frequently.  My glasses are now clean.  I am good to go.

One of the things I plan to accomplish today is to do a deep clean of my study.  Even the books need airing.  There are 3 things in quantity in my study.  Yarn, books of all sorts, and blue and white china, which really isn't china, just pretty blue and white stuff.

I began the study clean up last evening by digging through the WIP baskets.  Yes, yes, I have several.  I didn't mean for it to happen, but the original was overflowing because of one almost finished project.

My Adult Surprise jacket for camping was causing an overflow to the overflow.

Preblocked, no buttons.  It seems this is how all my projects are going to be photographed.  And instead of buttons, it may yet get a zipper.

 The sleeves were really too wide to be practical and dealing that has taken a few weeks. I steeked the sleeves under the arms, so that the neat join along the top stays.  The steek begins after the decrease corners are out of the way, so it is rather sudden.  If I was to do a second one, I would start the sleeve sections with fewere stitches, and I would increase as I worked up.

The only other change I would make to it if I felt like it (which I don't) would be too make the hood a little smaller.  Went a little overboard there, but it isn't worth the reknitting.

I am pleased.  It fits where I want it to fit, with enough room under the armpits for the many layers I ususally wear when camping.  It envelops and will keep me warm.  Mission accomplished.     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the looks of that. GD

Sigrun said...

I like the structure of that jacket.