Wednesday 26 May 2010

Lacey Little top

I haave no idea why this little lacey project has become so interesting, but I'll tell you  It is a hypnotic and consuming little thing.

I did have to change the wide lace panel a bit.  I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Cotton.  The original lace panel used M1 increases and the Mission Falls Cotton with its textural twist, seemed to overwhelm the flowing lace stitches. It felt like a lot of work for not a lot of show. 

All the comments on this sweater showed people found the pattern short. I'm not that tall, but I felt that the different lace panel would help in two ways.  The lace panel has 3 extra stitches to give me the added length and the open yarn overs give it a little extra drape. This lace also has a center purl stitch between the wave shapes, that helps define the edges of the flowing shapes.  I like the way it is working out.  A lot.   


The little lace I'm using comes from a lace class I took from Annie Modesitt when I had only been knitting a few months  I was so out of my depth, so overwhelmed but there were a few little things she spoke of that made a great deal of difference ever since.  I kept the notes and have used this delightful lace a few times since. 

I have the two fronts done but I am not going to get a chance to work on it till Saturday.  There is knitting this evening and I have promised myself to work on the skirt and the next few days I have an Ilga Leja Year of the Scarf project I have to work on.  

We are doing a knit along at the store, and May is my month to join the ladies to display our scarf.  It is a fascinating knit.  Unusual shapes on unusual shapes out of an interesting yarn.  

No comments: