Tuesday 25 May 2010

Nothing to see here

I have started a new project.  You had to know this was coming.  I did serious work in the study.  I touched lovely yarns.  And then  the wandering through all the many patterns on Ravelry I came across a pattern that caught my attention.

I did not like this when the issue came out. Well maybe I was lukewarm about it with an emphasis on the not warm part.  In fact I think this was the issue that made me decide to review well before I paid good money for a magazine.   

But the other day, while trying to get out of cleaning the study, I saw someones project on Ravelry.  Very nice.  Suddenly, I was wandering through all the projects for this pattern.  Very nice.  One of those things that looks good on almost everybody.
    
I had some Mission Falls 1824 Cotton in cream that should work.  It looks like a quick knit. I like quick knits.  While I was cleaning I was swatching.  When I wasn't swatching I was thinking about it.  This project took up a healthy portion of my free time this weekend.  

I have not knit enough of it yet for photos.  A few false starts and a pattern adjustment meant I'm behind where I hoped I would be. I should have enough by the end of the day.  If it keeps being a positive knitting experience, who knows what I will have ready to show you for tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

That project caught my eye too. Mission Falls is the perfect cotton for this sweater. Can't wait to see yours.