Wednesday 6 January 2010

So now what?

OK, I have that red thing down to the armpits. Its time to work the fronts and I need to make some decisions.

Part of me wants to knit a regular round necked sweater with a band of I-cord around all the edges. That is the kind of red sweater that you could wear forever, with everything you ever bought. Something with 3/4 length sleeves and just enough style to make it go from jeans to fancy dress dinners to work and back again. I do need a sweater like that. A nice little versatile red conservative, go everywhere, do everything sweater. My regular old red sweater is on its last legs, and there will soon be an enourmous hole in my wardrobe.

Part of me wants to make a deep cut front and finish the sweater along both fronts with a band of some kind of white stranded colourwork. That sort of colourwork changes how you can wear the sweater. It looks a little more casual and might not go as far as an plain red sweater in wardrobe terms. But it would be a challange, and it would be a lot of fun to knit.

This is only the second time I have done a top down, no pattern sweater and the first time I am doing the 'set in' sleeve. I am the teeniest bit hesitant to play when I barely understand what I am doing in the first place.

This is a really nice red, and I want to do this really nice red justice.

1 comment:

Mrs. Spit said...

I vote for the go everywhere red sweater. If for no other reason than I'd like one.

cw