Tuesday 5 January 2010

RED

When you aren't quite sure what to do, the best thing to do is to dig out some yarn and swatch. So that is what I
started to do yesterday. I didn't get too far because the first yarn I grabbed, started talking to me.

To be clear, it doesn't talk to me in voices. It speaks to me
through my hands. When a yarn speaks to me, it speaks through the way it feels as it runs through my hands, it talks in its colours and tones, and it whispers
its its spin and twist. There was soemething that caught my attention yesterday about this red.
It will be a sweater of some kind. I'm not really sure what kind yet. I am not following a pattern. Rather I am knitting once
again from Knitting From the Top Down. I don't have to make any decisions about what kind of sweater because
I am knitting the upper back first. Upper backs don't have a lot of shaping, don't play a part in how the sweater looks from the front.
Backs don't define the style of a thing. Usually. Certainy not here. Here it is just the back of a soon to be red sweater.

And I still have all the possibilities in the world about the way this is going to go.


I've had to turn on comment moderation. Sorry about that but it seems I have been discovered by comment spammers.
Sigh, when will these yahoos get the message that no one is listening. And I have no idea what is going on with the formatting

No comments: