Monday 4 January 2010

A Good Day

I used to have a lot of plants. We had a very small house and only 5 windows and yet there was a point where I had something near a hundred individual plants. Moving took care of some, more moving cleaned out a few more and by the time we moved here, I had very few left. The cat took care of anything that wasn't hanging and the hanging things slowly disappeared.

The cat is gone now and I have been contemplating plants. Or at least one plant. I am going to go to the greenhouse today where they ought to have a few nice bug free plants and pick one. And then I am going to go to the yarn store to get a wee small birthday gift for myself. But only wee small. Maybe. And then I think I will stop by a few bookstores and see what sort of trouble I can find.

Tonight is curling night for Mr. Needles so I am going to make my favourite thing for dinner, I will sip a wee glass of something sweet and rich and I will go to bed early.

This is the perfect birthday for me. No parties, no noise, just quiet contemplation, a little bit of yarn, a good book and a peaceful evening. Of course it would be nice if someone would cook my favourite dinner, but you can't have everything.

3 comments:

Knitting Alchemist said...

Happy birthday, Denise! Sounds like you're going to have a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your plans sound great. I have a lot of trouble with indoor plants in my house too, so good luck!

Sue

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday. If I were close, I'd make you dinner. Or invite you over.
I miss curling - it's been a few years since we had the time to curl.