Wednesday 8 April 2009

The very merry middle

"See the piggy,

See the puddle,

See the muddy little puddle.

See the piggy in the middle

Of the muddy little puddle.

See her dawdle, see her diddle

In the muddy, muddy middle.

See her waddle, plump and little,

In the very merry middle."


(Piggy in the Puddle, Charlotte Pomeranz, 1989)

This wonderful rhyming children's book has remained in my memory long past the point where my children needed stories read to them. this morning, I find myself 'In the very merry middle'.

Having found myself there on a regular basis, I have decided its going to be fun. The pictures look about the same as before, though the projects are just a little larger and the photos are taken from a different angle.




The sweater, back completed to the arm and moving along quite nicely. Just look at that stitch definition.
The scarf with its luscious puddles of muddied colours (tones of colours actually!), just going into the long middle section, A speedy knit.The sock, just about to where I would normally insert the heel. Lots and lots of yarn left, so I may widen the calf some, and knit a taller than normal sock, before getting to the glorious turquoise for the ribbing.

There you go. 3 middles. I'm off to go dawdle and diddle in the very merry middle of my own muddy little puddle.



1 comment:

Blera said...

Thats so cool!
I've tryed knitting before, but with very sad results lol.
=]