Wednesday 29 April 2009

I tried to knit a sock with a pattern last night. I never knit patterned socks unless it is one I took from a stitch dictionary and it conveniently fits into the number of stitches I am working with. I fear fancy schmancy sock patterns. There I said it.

Should have been fine, otherwise, but like most patterns, it starts top down. I'm not a big fan of casting on and then joining in the round, not when you can start with so few stitches on the toe and then elegantly work in the round. I did do it though, properly, without any twists. Success.

On the first row, you end up with 17 stitches. Looked great, read the pattern a couple of times to be sure I am reading it and the terms correctly. Yup end up with 17 stitches. Looks pretty good.

Second row, right twist (done over two stitches) then knit 13 and repeat 4 times. That equals 15 stitches. Not quite sure what to do with remaining two stiches on the needle. Take everything off. Start over.

Repeat.

Rinse and repeat.

I thought about pulling out my hair. Surely if I can knit something so pretty as the Lehe shawl, I can figure out a sock. But no. I put the sock down because I am missing some small thing in the instructions.

I'm trying to file my taxes now. Its going about the same.


Note to self: get mindbleach. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No comments: