Thursday 6 November 2008

Too much rushing around.

I've got a ton of things to do today. The blogging is going to be just a little shy.

Oh there will be knitting a plenty. There will be the fixing of the fishy mitten. Thanks to the frazzled knitter - her Ravelry name - one of the evening knit group ladies, for the thrummed mitten tips. I don't mind learning by failing but your experience makes the learning happen more speedily and effectively.

There will be, with luck, the binding off of the first of the Christmas knitting. There will be reknitting of the sweater shoulders, and blocking to prepare for finishing the hood and button bands.

There will be be completion of laundry or at least a close facsimile to completion. There will be clean hand washed scarves, socks and shawls.

It would be lovely to finish the pairs of socks I have in my bag, start two of the ten thousand other projects I have in my head, read at least part of one of the books that has nothing to do with knitting, vacuum and clean the cupboard today. I feel as if I could.

There is a new sense of possibility in the air and I like that.

Of course, I'll be lucky to get the laundry done, but I can dream, can't I?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

your dreams are ver similar to mine. There's not enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do, let alone what I HAVE to do.

Karen said...

No comment tab on the top post?? I wanted to say that every time I read your blog it inspires me to knit....alas I don't have the time but I love to see the glorious yarn in close up. In two weeks I am going to a big, big show we have over here, the knitting and stitching show, you would love it! Yarn as far as the eye can see.