Thursday 27 March 2008

Surrendering

Apparently it's this weeks theme. Theme de jour if you will. This morning, as I was working on Picovoli, I started to see how it is looking sweaterish. Now that I am working the underarms, I can see the road ahead. As I was laying it out for the photo shoot, a thought crossed my mind like a streak of light. 'Its too big, too wide' So I took a little break to obsess over this, and worked on the scarf, which is really going very well. I think I have now solidly placed a new rule, that when knitting blind, without being able to reference a size, or the body of the eventual giftee, the most important thing I can do is have a consolation project to work on instead of bashing my head aganist the wall.

I'm knitting to gauge (I checked). The pattern seems to be bug free (it is simple) and I really just have to trust that it will fit. This is the smallest size for an elegant delicate woman, it is an open cardigan conversion, making it an even less picky fit, and it will be OK. Surrender, trust, give it up already. You have needles in your hands, you can kill yourself later if you must, but for now just knit.

There. Now that the consolation knitting has worked its magic and I have given myself a stern talking too, I am going to just keep working along. There is a very good movie on this morning, called 'Mrs. 'Arris goes to Paris' with Angela Landsbury. So my channel is tuned and I am going to put on a second pot of coffee and just work, and see if I can't get half way to the waist decreases before the movie is done.

No comments: