Wednesday 26 March 2008


And that is all I have to say about that. We all knew there was no way I was getting out of the store alive.

I was actually doing pretty well, till I turned and looked down. Because down in the bottom of a nice little drawer unit, where all the best cottons are kept, I came across this, Garn Studio Cotton Viscose. You really can't get a feel for this stuff, till you look at the bottom of the colour chart, and look at 28. 28 captures the sheen, the glow, the elegance of this yarn. I had a terrible time choosing the colour, because they had it in a green and the gold too. I wanted the entire drawer, but bought only 6. I may call and ask them to hold a couple more so I have 8. You never know what you'll need to make, but I'm thinking its going to be The Agatha Shawl by ThatLoganChick. The yarn would show off the pattern and the pattern the yarn. Its serendipity again.

I did find some needles. A 3 mm Addi Turbo to be precise. Yrnjunky from Ravelry brought along her set of Knit Picks Options to Sit n' Knit (Thank you again) for me to peruse. My concern was the cable, and my cable worries are put to rest. I am going to get some of these though I will have to stop buying yarn to do so.

I've been working on the scarf again so my mind is filled with music. The rhythm just makes it happen in my head. (Maybe this is how I will be able to tell good lace from great lace?)The music I seem to hear plays another role in my knitting. The music allows me to let go enough to trust the work in my hands.

I took out Picovoli to show at Sit n'Knit. Suddenly there it didn't seem wrong, it seemed like it would all work out, and I heard faint sounds of music, of symmetry as I looked at the shoulder section in the light from the window.

I think it's time to trust the pattern, read carefully and move along with it. At some point I have to drop this fear about making a mistake. The yarn has proven to be forgiving of ripping back and redoing. One worry resolved. There will be enough yarn to finish the project. Two down. I'm sure I had other worries. I just can't remember them.

At some point I just have to toss all the worries aside and succumb to the knitting. Succumbing to knitting has proven to be almost as easy as succumbing to yarn.

No comments: