Friday 19 October 2007

Rasta and Fratch

Yep, the girl with the morphing foot strikes again. I'll have to take out the toe and work about another quarter of an inch to make them fit just right. (Isn't it nice that I can blame my recent short footedness on someone else for a change) I don't know where my head is with length of foot, but the last 4 pairs have each had to be reworked. Or is it 3 pairs worked 4 times? I'm reworking it tonite. I'm also going to get the green blanket moving along this weekend. I'd like to get it done, and maybe even joined. Its getting close, and it won't take that much to finish.

No progress on anything last evening, so this morning I bring pictures of an oldie.

This is a variation on a theme of this pattern. It was one of those occasions where I used up yarns that I had, except for the purchase of the variegated, and the brown. If you look carefully, you will also see how the dark green squares look like a block, and you will begin to see how many different forms this block pattern can take just by changing the simple placement of coloured parts. Its one of the most innovative afghan pattern in years, taking crocheters to quilt designs and beyond.

Some day, I'd like to work one up just like the pattern shows. I loved it from the first time I saw it. Its rust and greens and creams just appeal to me. Earthy, warm and rich tones, that give rest to the eyes as well as warmth to snuggle up to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a beautiful blanket! I picked up a little booklet that Lion put out, of crocheted quilt patterns - log cabin, drunkard's path, Ohio star, more. As much as I hate sewing things together, I could not resist it. I also got 2 others, one a collection of unusual crochet stitches with a gorgeous crocheted Aran baby blanket pattern, and one of sweaters from Homespun yarn - which is so pretty and works up so quickly. All this while waiting for a presciption to get filled...

mostlylurking

Needles said...

I think I'm going to have to look for that book, Mostly. This pattern has particular charm because you work it together as you go.

Anonymous said...

I'll check the next time I'm in the store and get the booklet for you. It was very cheap - it's small, which may be an annoyance when actually working from it. But it makes me happy just to look at it.

mostlylurking

Needles said...

mostly, that would be lovely. Thank you.