I worked like the dickens on my sweater and got the back done and am very close to completing the first front side.As you can see I opted for a cable along the zipper edge. If the world works as it usually does, I've also guaranteed that I will now have at least on skein of Ragg yarn left over. I'm pleased with the way its going. I'd have the second front under way if it weren't for cable errors and figuring what cable would look best.
While watching Harry Potter last night (CBC - month long Harry Potter event), I started Calorimetry and had it completed but for the last 4 rows or so. It seemed huge. Dinosaurean. Herculanean. I was going to run out of yarn. I checked my gauge, I checked my needle size, I checked the dimension of the piece. I checked the pattern...
Oh, right. Work to the last 2 stitches, turn, slip one, work 2 in pattern mark. I did that pretty much all along. Except for the work to the last 2 stitches part. No where but the first row did I do that. So back to the drawing board, lesson learned. READ the pattern.
I woke fairly early again, and while watching early news, redid the whole darn thing, 10 percent shorter - it needed that anyway - and did the right number of stitches on each end, and finished up just after 6, when its time to get ready for work. I'm pretty pleased, and I hope The Girl is too. This project, is one I'd do again. Nice quick, utterly rewarding and gives me the chance to use yarn I would not otherwise use. The other skein of lovely yarn will be done up into a scarf, ribbed, to coordinate,I think, and alternating in stripes with some good quality Aran yarn.
I'll need to go yarn shopping. Isn't that a nice way to start a week.