Tuesday 12 June 2007

A better quality heel turn

On the weekend, I completed my first pair of knitted socks. They are not pretty, indeed if there was a competition for the ugliest first sock, mine would win, or come very close to it. The yarn was an Austerman Step yarn, so my hands always felt great working with them, and I hope my husband likes them.



The problem with my first socks, was the heel turn all the way. I think I understand now what I did wrong, and I am really hoping that this second set,

turns out much better. I think it is, though the decreases on the turn are not in perfect working order, I am a lot closer to the principle of the thing this time. I am a little concerned about the way the stitches are picked up along the side - I'm not sure if I am picking up enough threads - but overall, I am very very pleased.

My only fear now is that the feet I am making this pair for is not as big as the sock. The yarn is Lustersheen, which is not stretchy at all, so I added a few extra stitches and suddenly the darn things are the same size as Brian's socks.

This sock business is really wearing me out. The only way to solve this is to go get more sock yarn. Instant energy!

No comments: