Monday, 17 August 2026

Not going anywhere, thank goodness

I was sitting here this morning checking on the weather for today and suddenly realized I had my pants on inside out.  I thought" Ah.  One of those mornings"

I stuck with the yellow Hiraeth sweater this weekend and I am happy with my progress.  


The pattern is not a compound yoke as I thought but simply round. I find myself worrying about fit.  


I hope it will be okay.  I really do like the way it looks.  Cheerful.  And warm and summery.  It will be a perfect winter sweater. I am crossing my fingers.

Part of my concern is that the increases are fairly severe after the colourwork.  Its so hard to trust the designer.  I will though.  Otherwise I will flounder.  

I am a wee bit glad the weekend is done.  I can work on the Kauni sweater now with a clear conscience.  It fits.  I don't have to worry about that. 

I did get a fair bit done on chair pad two as well.  I barely worked on it and yet, I have one set of stripes left till I run out of yarn.  It zoomed along in 5 minute increments here and there.  I love when that happens.  

I am going to go through the box of yarn today to set up the next chair pad.  This is exciting because I am getting close to emptying this box of yarn.  That always feels good.  
Otherwise it will be another Monday.  It's sunny out and the air smells so clean and fresh.  I feel lucky. I am going to leave my pants inside out.  It's what the world gave me this morning and who am I to question that.  Good thing I don't have to go anywhere.

No comments: