Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Back to sweaters

In between yarn fondling, there was knitting.

And crochet.  My chair pads are proceeding nicely.



I seem to be getting in a stripe each day before I get sick of it.  This was yesterday's progress. 

Back to last Friday, I decided I need to do serious work on one of my existing sweaters.  Any sweater really.  I just want one of them completed before I start on the new yarns.  I decided that the one closest to the finish was going to be my best bet.  



I need 3 inches more on the body.  It seems like I needed 3 more inches on the body for the last month.  I did not put a progress keeper on it because it is striped.  I thought that would be enough but maybe not.  The alternating garter ridges and colour stockinette feels everlasting.  

If you look in the top right of the picture, you can see the last bit of ball one of the Kauni.  It is ending on the pleasing rich green.  I have two more balls of this colourway and one of them starts with the green. No muss.  No fuss.  I have also used three full balls now of the Tove so I will likely use five balls till the sweater is done.  

That's where the day will take me again today.  The chair pad and the sweater will be the work of the day.  And then, I am going to gently nag Keith into getting me a coffee and something treat like from the new coffee roaster and coffee shop in town.  Sounds like a good day all around.  



No comments: