Friday, 24 July 2026

Lots of water

I got all my planned chores done yesterday but for the blue and white china.   Yay for me.  There is still so much to do though.  I did pull out a pair of pants and am partway through pinning the waist band on too.  That was an extra thing I had not figured on.  I did some yarn things but no knitting.  

Today will be another hot day according to the weatherman.  I am wearing lightweight clothes but my head is all about winter sweaters.  Seriously.  In fact I'm wondering if my decision on Lunan is because its time to start finishing up the winter sweaters I have on the go.  

I pulled out my Hiraeth sweater.  


 
I want to knit on this so much.  It got set aside for all the summer knitting.  In a way it's a bit like my Shalom.  Hiraeth has the same round yoke and I am planning for my Shalom to have bands of the twisted rib at the bottom and at the cuffs in a similar way to Hiraeths bands of corrugated rib.  Everything is different and yet a wee bit the same.  

I was also digging my fingers into the bag with my Staffin sweater.  I can't wait to get working on that gorgeous deep red.  It will be a total restart to resolve some errors but I knew that going in.  First try was just practice and now that I understand the set up, and what she is doing I can go ahead and enjoy the knit.

I am also looking for a speedy finish to my Kauni sweater.  


Some progress but not a lot since spring. It's the sort of sweater I will wear a lot as summer turns slowly to fall.  This sweater is nice straight forward knitting.

Today I am going get the pants finished.  Both pair just need the elastic waistband and as I mentioned, one pair is already half pinned in.  I do have a hemming project to do.  That's more fussy work than anything else but it's something I am looking forward to.  And then I hope to get in a bit of knitting.  My hand is feeling much better so I will give it a go.  

Add to this, lots of water.  Lots and lots of water.  

No comments: