Thursday 3 October 2024

A Cat Is a Cat and That Is That.

A cat is a cat and that is that.

Cat patterns, not so much.  There is a huge range of cat patterns out there, from teeny tiny pocket size kitties to great big squishy pillow kitties.  And there there is the problem of  it a kitten or cat? 

I have made a kitty from this pattern.



and it really is adorable.  I used this pattern earlier this year to make a cat test run and gave it to my two youngest grandsons, Owen and Everett.  It is an adorable pattern. I did find that the the front legs were a bit different than shown, but I know how to fix that.  

I am still waffling though.  If you want to fit cat personality to the cat, then I would have to go with this one. 



Like most cats, these particular cats spend much of their time looking out the windows. I am not fond of the face on this lovely kitty though, but I really do love the body shape.  

I may have to mash patterns and adapt sizes to get the two to match.  The second cat might not be the size I want for the cat in the yarn I have. (Blanket from Bernat)

There is also this adorable cat.





He is perfectly sized for my yarn, and a truly quick simple make.  Plus he will be perfectly useful for a Kirby character that Marcus has also asked for.

Who know where I will go or which I will choose?  I only know I have my yarn at hand, crochet hook at the ready and coffee by my side.  

Adventure is out there!

Please note that I have used photos from Ravelry and linked back to the originators.  I am in no way claiming any rights to the designs other than my deep and sincere admiration of the designers work.  


No comments: