Friday 26 April 2024

Practise, Practise

I didn't sew yesterday. i think it was holdover stress from the pattern drafting.  My heart wanted socks so I did socks.

My April pair is finished and I couldn't be happier.  I am wearing them right now and they are perfect.   


I was going to cast on another pair with the yarn I wound last week but I ended up pulling out one of the other pairs of socks on my needles.

I bought Operation Sock Drawer a few years ago.  It's a great book for every sock knitter.  


In a blast of new book-itis, I cast on a couple pairs from it and then never got back to working on them.  


This is the A Drawer Full pattern from it.  I am using a patterned sock yarn from Meilienweit for the colours and a plain grey Trekking yarn from Lana Grossa.  As you can see, it is a sock of socks, which makes me happy.

I picked these up because I taught myself to knit colourwork with the yarns held in one hand and it felt like a good time to practise the technique making a thing where the results are something no one ever looks at closely.  My hope is that by the time this pair of socks are done, I will be ready to put it into practise working on this vest


and on a whole host of other stranded things.  I have some beautiful things planned. Plus my blanket of blue yarn from my grandkids.

No comments: