Monday 15 April 2024

Mash up

 I sat down to start working on a something the other day.  I wanted to work on Linger, but did not have the feels for it.  I was feeling summery and light.  It is spring and I want to knit spring too.

I started working on the top that I made the Noro panels for.  I picked up and worked a few rows, and then...


Do you see it.  A twist.  Now this is not a circle.  It is a straight side of both panels, but it was twisted and there were yarn ends everywhere.  I wasn't feeling very positive.  I picked up my cup of tea which had been steeping for ten minutes.

And saw this.


I had forgotten to put the water in the cup.  I put the knitting down for the rest of the day.  I did not even knit on a sock because if things are going weird, it was time to walk away.

I putzed around but picked up the top Saturday morning. I untwisted the panels and set to work.  While I had put myself in the corner, I did figure out how to use my odd dyelot without really being able to see it.  

I knit four garter ridges of the teal and then knit one with the lighter dye lot.  Then I decided to do a row of the alternate Noro yarn I have and another ridge of the lighter dye lot before going back to a section of the darker teal.


I have two balls of the darker teal dyelot for each side of the top and one of the lighter.  That leaves me with one ball of the lighter dyelot for the neckband and any other finishing. By adding that Noro in, I should have lots to make a nice top.  Because the top is a winging it sort of thing, I do worry a bit as I work.  I have limited amounts of yarn and that always is a problem in my head.  

Because I have just had a good stash dive and because I have all my lovely things fresh in my head, I know that I have two other teal colour family yarns that could be used to finish this top and I have some purple that would work well too, depending how I do the sides.  There are also other colours of Noro that could be used.  If it is a colour mash top, then mashing as needed is good, right?

I am setting aside the worry about using yarns and running out of them and am just going to play.  Its garter stitch and that makes everything all right.

No comments: