Friday 1 December 2023

New Fun

I am going to give it a go.  I puled out the sock yarn bin and had a look.  I have a 50l bin full of sock yarn and surely there were lots of things that would be fun to put together.  I was right.  It didn't take me long to make my choices though.  

The first thing I saw was a pure red sitting beside a rich dark green.


My mind was made up in an instant.  Plain stripes of pure colour.  Did I have enough solid colours to do it.  I don't remember buying much plain sock yarn.  The stripes and faux isle of the average commercial yarn has always been part of the fun of knitting socks.  In the end, I did have enough though I wish I had a kelly green rather than this rich deep green.  Once I get knitting it will be fine.  

Do I have needles?  I want to be able to knit both socks at the same time, and that means two pairs of dpns.  I know that I just finished a pair of socks, but two sets of needles?  I was pretty certain that all my other sock sets were occupied.  



It seems not.  Good to go.


Christmas striped sock season has begun.  

Which is really great for the day.  I want to set my Christmas tree up today too.  Something Christmas  themed to knit feels right.

No comments: