Tuesday 21 November 2023

Yarn Is Weird

Yarn is weird.  It doesn't matter what kind of yarn it is, wool, acrylic, alpaca, silk.  It is all weird. 

But if you are reading this, you already know that.




When I started working up this blanket for Jane, I was very worried that I was going to be short of yarn and short of colours. I was feeling pretty good about the decreasing number of giant bags of yarn around my house though.  With Marcus' blanket complete and Jane's using up what I thought would be most of the remaining yarn, I was feeling confident that these large bags would be gone very soon. 


And then to find that Jane's blanket wasn't consuming enough yarn? Sigh. What a dunce I am.  There is going to be lots left. Half of Jane's blanket is done but there is still a ton of yarn to go.  

To make matters worse, just after lunch, this arrived.  


Suddenly, there was yarn falling out of the giant bags again, littering the living room.  Six balls, two of each of three colours of Blanket.  These are Cassie's choices for her blanket. The navy is not in the teal multi colour but it looks great with both multi  and the lighter solid teal. Colour can be challenging when you buy online but this combination really works. I will start her blanket as soon as I get Jane's completed.  

By the end of next week, I hope the big yarn blanket saga is done.  The Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket will still need work, but that is smaller yarn and smaller needles and is much easier on my hands.

I am looking forward to that.  Maybe come deep winter, I will be working with lace weight.  

No comments: