Friday 10 November 2023

Of Cats and All That

It's been a busy sort of week here with grandkids and more grandkids on the weekend.  But I love, love love having them here.  Nothing keeps me feeling young like talking to my grandkids.  I am so, so lucky to be able to have them visit this much.  Cassie and I had this amazing talk  about books last night. She asked if I had read all the books in my library, so then we talked different books and about this book series she has read and that I have read the first one of. It was just one of those very special moments.

Now, where was I?  Oh yes.  I remember now. 


The four large squares are complete.  I was hoping for five but I just don't think the cream will last.  The grey is pretty iffy too.  


I am thinking about making a square that is similar in colour but not in size.  I might be able to get a square half the size of these, using the same colour layout.


If I was making this for myself, I would use up every bit of and the truly beautiful multi colours to fill in the rest of the blanket, but this is not my blanket.  The owner had specific reasons for his colour choices, the love of his cats, so cats we are going for.  At the moment I am working on squares with the Casper colours.  They are the soft ripe wheat yellow and the caramel with the green to match his eyes.  


I have been avoiding the blue for this blanket but I was told that I need blue because Mochi's eyes are the brilliant clear Ragdoll blue.  I have a feeling they will change though, as Ragdoll eyes are prone to do, but time will tell.   The blue velvet is going to step in, held double, to stand for Mochi's eyes and only a very little bit will be used.

I did one of the Casper colour squares last evening, but I had to pull it back this morning.  I only have a 100 m ball of each of the caramel and the yellow, and I need at least four squares to carry the colours and Casper through the blanket.  I need to be a bit careful with how much I use for each individual square.  


My that looks frighteningly orange, but I promise, it isn't.   

I haven't quite determined the layout yet.  This may be foolish.  Okay it is a foolish way to make a blanket but I have to work with what I have so I am just going to do as many squares as I can in each range and then lay out all the squares to see what I can create.  The marvelous multi will fill in and so will the green and the brown.   

This might be living dangerously, but it sure is fun. 

No comments: