Friday 22 September 2023

That place

That place.  Yes.  I am at that place.  

I knit 6 rows yesterday, which doesn't sound like much, but is.  I was thinking I had 8 rows left to make it to the number of inches of length that I wanted before I started doing the hem design.  

I measured before I set it aside for the day.  If the math and the measurement is right, I am going to need about 8 more rows.  

I am at the black hole of knitting, that place where you knit and knit, and it never seems to get any longer.  

Oh well.  I will take some time and will console myself by looking at the pretty fabric that Pesto is turning into.





When it was time to set aside the knitting for the day, I entertained myself by winding yarn.  I spent some time tidying the yarn display cabinet and then wound the yarn that I have for Luda's (Marcus and Cassie's other grandmother) sweater.  I have the last of the lovely Adam and Eve in a soft silvery grey and a natural coloured mohair.  

The mohair was particularly fun and impressive.


Isn't that just spectacular?  It will be like knitting with angel wings.


To give credit where credit is due, I got this from Yoriko Oki via Etsy.  

I had a short sleep last night and am feeling headachy as is usual after too little sleep.  A nap is in order today and it may well be a full bed nap.  Still I am going to knit some of those 8 measly rows before that happens this afternoon.  If the knitting gods are with me, this will be the last time those 8 rows stare me in the face.

No comments: