Thursday 28 September 2023

Small Things

And this is how far I made it yesterday.  



It looks paltry in comparison to my amount of knitting before and I might be disappointed but I know how much went into the making it this far.  I am very pleased with it.  Small diameter things are much harder on my hands than a nice soft sweater. I am practising relaxing and knitting very slowly. My hands are doing fine, but they don't seem to have a lot of stamina.

I have a few rows more on the thumb gusset to do and once those are done, there are really only a few rows, maybe ten or so planned for the hand part so not too much more.  Sometimes these little projects are the nicest thing.  Quick, simple, and really useful to me.

Today's task is to hit the sewing room.  Today, as much as I need the long johns, I have a pile of work to do on existing things, some remodeling, some repair.  I want to get those things out of my head so I have free brain space to play again.

No comments: