Friday 18 August 2023

Gentle Rain

I woke this morning and am writing from in front of my open window.  It is lovely.  There is a gentle rain falling and the sound is comforting.  

It makes me think of the splendid front porch at our acreage home and sitting there, dressed in cozy wool with a good cup of coffee and the small portable deck heater keeping us cozy warm, while we looked over our vast domain (it wasn't really vast, but it was our domain).  It makes me think of our constitutional, the archaic name we gave out walks around the yard on weekend mornings, coffee in hand, treading carefully over the network of seats and stairs and paths hidden around our little world.  It makes me remember how it really was ours, in a way that nothing else was.  We were so lucky.  

I am still so lucky. I have kids to play with and to love and I have a vast store of yarn to knit with, and a cozy place to live.  I have more than enough clean cool water and plenty of food.  I don't have everything I want.  Some of my wants are just not possible, but I have more than everything I need.  I am blessed.   

I am thinking of it all because a gentle rain is falling outside my window.   

No comments: