Tuesday 11 July 2023

Hoist By my Own Petard

I have been busy this last bit with grandkids and there is more to come.  Cassie is here again, to visit and sew.

About the only thing I have been working on the last few days is a second blanket to use up all the remaining fuzzy yarns. 

I am using the biggest slippy crochet hook I have. I cannot remember the size. Though I have a couple bigger hooks, they seem to be sticky with the yarn and I was not enjoying the process at all.  I switched hooks and even though the fabric is a bit tighter, the overall project is much more fun to work.  The blanket will loosen in the wash.


Note Jeffrey the Duck.

I did buy one more ball of yarn, the blue, to make the blanket up and I am just going to crochet till everything is gone.

It's a fun process but as I said the other day, this is not my usual yarn weight.  It is really too heavy but its coziness is very admired by certain people.  Like Carter, Emmett, Owen and Isaac as well as Marcus and Cassie and even Uncle Keith.  They have all expressed an interest in having one of these.  I may have gotten myself into something big here.  We shall see. Meanwhile, Emmett has claimed Everett's blanket but has agreed that if I make one for him, he will give Everett's back.

Because I am a great believer in giving my kiddies what they ask for, I will probably do it.  And that is just the way the world works.

No comments: