Sunday 2 July 2023

After Frittering

It was a busy past few days.  But absolutely marvelous.  Marcus was with me and it was wonderful.  We laughed, we cried (about Casper, his special kitty), we danced, well he did and with had a very good time doing and talking about all sorts of things. 

Along the way, while he was busy doing something else, I managed to finish all the ends on my sweater.  The photo is fuzzy but the sweater is good.  Better than good.  I just needs to find some buttons.   

Forgive the fuzziness.  Marcus took the photo and was laughing while he did so.  Eight year old giggling means wiggles. The sweater is wonderful and I put my arm out to show you the fit of it.  It is the exact perfect amount of ease.  And the yarn is something else.  The yarn is two shades of Fleece Artist 2/8 BFL and the pattern is Joji Locatelli's Elton.

That left me time to get a good start on the blanket for Everett.  I wasn't sure about Marcus' yarn choice but you know what?  I kind of like it.

 The yarn is the giant balls of Bernat Blanket Brights.  I could put the colour choice down to Marcus, but we both just had to have the brilliant multi colour.  We would have liked to have the brilliant blue for the ridges in the pattern along with my favourite neon green, but it was not to be.  We will get by with the lighter highlighter yellow green and the hot pink.  It will be a plain feather and fan pattern with two stitches either side to set the edge.   

It is wonderfully soft and is knitting up much easier than I thought it would. I actually think it would be really great used as a towelish blanket for after baths but I will have to wash my sample to see if it holds up. No matter what else it is, it will be eye poppingly bright.   

No comments: