Friday 9 June 2023

Making the Bed

Today was a different day.  I was planning to sew the third dress today, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I could not.  My sewing room was discombobulated because Keith had to get to the modem and it is in the nook in that room.  He said he was going to put it back in order, but he fell asleep.  It will happen tomorrow.

Instead, I decided to work on the wee house stuff.  I wanted to finish up the trim on the bed.  First things first.  I took the yellowed trim off.  It just kept getting more yellow and I just did not like it.  Everything else is such a crisp white.  


I used a .75 mm hook instead of a .65 hook this time and that, coupled with knowing what kind of trim I wanted, made everything much faster.  I also went with two rows of the lacy looking loops.  The lace on the first go round was really too small.  You couldn't see it on the bed and I wanted it to be seen.


and here we are, the main bedding all done.  I may do a wee bolster style pillow with some very tiny embroidery on it and the same lacy edging.  I also might possibly stuff my pillows a bit more.  

I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  And it fits just right.  You will just be able to see the chamber pot hiding under the end of the bed and the owners slippers tucked under the side, when I get around to making them, that is.

The rest of the day was filled with some delightful play.  I ordered myself a gift and some wee books for the cabinet house.  


The gift is something really special.  I have admired the Royal School of Needlework's books for a long time.  This edition is five of the books bound ever so beautifully together.  I don't buy many hard cover books any more but this was a hardcover, find space on the shelf for it sort of treat.













My photos cannot begin to show you the beauty of this book.  It is described as a coffee table book because it is so lush, but it is also filled with interesting stitches and techniques.

While Keith is restoring my sewing room, I plan to read.  And dream.  For a very long time.  

No comments: