Thursday 1 June 2023

A day in Ordinary Time.

I sure wish I could knit more in a day.  Still the sweater is coming along very nicely and I think he will like it.    

 FYI, you are looking at the back and the blue M is blending with the black of my WIPs bin.

I mucked about with other things after knitting for a bit.

This is a wee dollhouse I have had for many years.  I got it because all I had was toys for boys and whenever a little girl came over, she had nothing to play with.  It stood the test of time and many many children playing with it.  It has even gone through a period where it may have been a garage of some kind because the little cars were in the bedroom and bigger cars where sitting on the sofa. Cassie started this but the boys eagerly joined.  Or maybe it was that cars need mommies and daddies too.  Hard to say.  


I do have some very little boys still but I think it is time to fix it up a bit just for fun.


 This is the inside of the house and the furniture that it came with or rather, almost all the furniture it came with.  The baby's crib is missing, though the mattress remains and the mom and pop's bed is missing too, but again, the mattress and pillow is here.  Pops may be off looking for the beds or he may be building them, because oddly enough, pops is missing too.  I am going to go through the rest of the toy boxes.  The missing bits may be tucked in with the cars or the action figures.  

There is a bit of repair work required on some of the furniture and it will all look much nicer if it is painted or stained.  The house is in need of flooring and wallpapering and painting, so there is lots to do.  I do want to make it a display house like my cabinet house but furniture for dollhouses at this 1/24 scale is much more than I want to pay.  It will take quite a while to make or to find pieces I can afford.  In the mean time, I will fix it enough for kids to enjoy playing with it and slowly, I will assemble the pretty pieces I want. 

In the mean time, I am planning the next step for the cabinet house: the fantastic garden.  There are plants to sort out and lawns to plant and 'concrete' patios to lay.  Lots to keep me busy till I gain my full ability to knit as much as I want.    

No comments: