Monday 13 December 2021

It was a Day

I have no idea what I did today. I woke at 5 or so I thought. I groused about on my computer for a bit and I was planning on going back to bed for that last hour of cozy snoozing, but I heard Keith from downstairs come to make his coffee.  So I got up to chat and I looked at the clocks out there and, it was not close to 6 as I thought.  It was close to 7.  He never changed my wall clock.  I had forgotten that and never focused my bleary eyes on my computer cock.  Or my phone clock.

Just like that, my day started an hour late.  Everything was turned around and was out of order.  Because I had intended to go back to bed, I had not taken my morning medications, a not very good error.  It was laundry day and fix the bed day, but that didn't happen.  Well one load of laundry but I have the folding to do from last week.  

I spent way t much time on you tube watching people make tortillas and F1 controversies and all the things that are great time wasters.  After lunch, I watched Downton Abbey the movie, fully intending to sew monkeys but the monkeys were a no go.  Knitting was a no go.  And in the afternoon I made said tortillas with my new tortilla press (I can dozens of way to use this tool) and then it was bedtime.  

There was between those things.  There was no real noticing of between those things.  And here I am.  It was a day.  

I think I am just in need of a long nap.  Last week was not a great week.  Keith had some medical issues two nights that meant I missed out on a bunch of sleep and that led to a quick day surgery on Friday.  He was home again Friday evening, but I had to check him every couple of hours as you must after being under an anesthetic.  So three nights last week were pretty much toast.  He cannot drive for two weeks and he is not supposed to lift anything over ten pounds for them either. Which is sort of a bugger at this time of year.

I am going to sleep in hard tomorrow.   I am going to take that extra sleep even if I hear Keith making coffee.  No matter how good his coffee smells, I am going back to sleep.  And then tomorrow, I have to see about some groceries. And wrapping paper.  Once again, I win the world because all my holiday shopping is complete but for wrapping paper. 

It was a day.  Bring on tomorrow. Because, well that is the way it works. 

No comments: