Thursday 18 November 2021

Part 5 of 18,362.

Here I am writing in the morning again.  The last few evenings I have been a mite too tired to think of writing in the evening, and by the time I remember it, I have been snuggled under my covers and half asleep.  So today rather than not writing, I thought morning.  

There is Monkey parts progress, though I must say, it feels like I am still on part five of of thousands.  I am not into fiddly knitting but it is knitting and I just have to figure out a way to make it feel less fiddly or sort out how to make me think better of it.  I had hoped working in the various parts would make it so, but that has brought it's own issues. The little pieces are hard on my hands.  I can only knit a pair and a tiny bit in a day and then I have to stop lest I injure myself.  

I think I am going to knit a body next, and then arms for a couple, then a body, then arms or tails.  I can knit socks forever on any given day and the body is really just a sock. My hands will be able to relax and maybe I can make better progress before I have to stop.     I have changed to knitting on four needles rather than my usual five and that is making a difference.  Even with the whining, I am making progress.

At the top left of the photo, there are four completed sets of legs.  One more set to go and legs are done.
The other bits are the single sets of ears, mouth and tails and the set of arms plus one.  


After finishing with monkey business each day, I have been working on sweaters.  Not really knitting them so much as thinking them and looking at yarns.  I pulled out some yarn that I have had forever, in colours which I dearly love.  The soft blue and pure clear white were bought for colourwork


but I am not so sure there is enough contrast between my very soft heathered blue and the white.  


You can see one is the tiniest smidge darker, but I have a feeling that it would loose the look of snowflakes against that soft blue.  So.  Not quite sure where this is headed but I am looking at colour blocks with crisp lines or a top that starts with white and goes quickly to single row stripes and then at the bottom to a solid blue.  Or possibly  a garment with white crisp collars, button bands, cuffs and hems, and the body solid blue.  This is my favourite idea, though to do this the sleeves may be an issue.

It's something to think about to relieve the fussiness of  monkeying around.

No comments: