Monday 25 October 2021

Ursina

Blogging in the Evening is going well except for Sunday night.  I just never seem to get there on Sunday night.  

It was a great knitting weekend.  The F1 races were in North America which means afternoon racing so I could knit like crazy in the morning, give my hands a break during the races, and then knit like a mad woman till I was done for the day.  

Clearly, Ursina is a magical knit.


This is a substantial sweater.  It will be slightly cropped but it otherwise a casual fit.  It isn't  oversized like my Big Easy One, where the sleeves are only 6 inches long and the rest of the full sleeve is the width of the sweater. It has a much more average sweater fit, but casual.  Comfortable.  More ease than a regular raglan, but not over much.  I am about half done the body section.  This is right where a regular knit makes me feel like it will never be done.  But not this.

There is very little plain stockinette.  In between sections of stockinette, there are panels of half brioche trim.  Honestly, for me this feels like knitting stripes.  Only better.  



Each row the half brioche gets one stitch wider and this keeps on for the rest of the sweater.  When the  brioche meets you are done.  

Makes me wonder what a full sweater in briochecwould be like. I may have to take the trouble to find that out.

No comments: