Tuesday 26 October 2021

Body done

After taking careful measurements, and knowing full well my row gauge was crap, I knew that I would have to knit another six inches before the V brioche detail was worked to meet the sides.  It was a tiny bit sad because I knew that I did not want another six inches on this sweater.  That six inches would have taken it well past cropped and the goal here was mid long crop.  I was pretty sure I didn't but there is nothing like a try on to let you know where you stand.

So I did and it was pretty much perfect right where it was.  Perfection on the detail was not going to be mine.  Oh well.  What I have, I like exactly as is.  The only real problem with this is that there is going to have to be a tiny bit of fancy footwork to finish the bottom.  Had the broiche gone all the way around I could have just bound off and it would have sat beautifully.  This way , there are panels of stockinette that curl a bit at the cast off.  I know what I will do, though, so it isn't a problem, just a bit more finishing than I thought.

I started the sleeves and made pretty good progress of the first few hours.


Sleeve one is almost to the elbow and I am not yet certain how long I want them.  My favourite is a 3/4 length, but that too, would be away from the patterns meticulous plans.  

We shall see where it goes.  No rush other than me really looking forward to wearing this one.

No comments: