Thursday 7 October 2021

All the things!

If you follow patterns to a t, this sweater, Ursina is written for you.  There is a lot of text and all kinds of charts with numbers but they make it possible that you can knit a completely customised sweater without any need for math or hard thinking.  Just follow the numbers and you will have an amazing sweater.

It's a little harder for people who wing it.  I have never knit a pattern by this designer before and each designer has their own way of presenting things, their own way of writing, and their own way of talking about ease.  I read all the notes and I have a feeling I am knitting just the smallest bit too little ease.  It will still fit but the question is, will it have the shaping I am looking for.  I have a wee bit more to go till it is ready for a try on.  We shall see.  Still, I made decent progress today.  




  
The stitch markers you can see here mark the newly established center front design detail.  There are a few rounds to get to the underam split and once that is knit, I can stop and try it on and see what we have.  

I am really enjoying this knit.  Really enjoying it.  But I keep looking to the side of the footstool and feel like bad gramma.  I need to finish my wee Emmetts sweater, or should i say my big boy Emmett's sweater.  

One thing at a time? Oh heck no.  All the things, all the time. 

No comments: