Wednesday 8 September 2021

Taking Stock

I thought I would get a lot of work done yesterday.  I really did but sadly in order to get a lot done, you must do a lot.  On the face of it, that was where I went wrong.  I did not do a lot.  I was so gosh darn tired.  It can only be a response to the summer.  Ah well.  I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

What I did do yesterday was to make a large pot of chicken soup stock.  It was the best chicken stock I have ever made.  Rich and flavourful and just the perfect balance of salty tasty chicken goodness.  Oddly enough, it only made okay soup. with noodles and a bit of chicken meat and a few veggies in the pot, it became oddly bland. I have some tricks up my sleeve for next time that will make it be great soup though. Carmelized onions might well be the trick. I have not given up on my tasty stock yet.

I feel that same little bit dissappointed that I haven't gotten everything done this week that I thought I would, or should.  Cassie's buffalo plaid shirt remians unsewn.  Her sweater is still being knit. Her mom's cowl is still on the needles and while I have given Marcus' fingerless mittens some thought, that is all I have given it.  I used to stop here, at the list of all I had not done.  I used to stop and knash my teeth and berate myself.  

These days, I do better.  Just like not giving up on my chicken stock, these days, when I see a list of things that I have not yet completed, I look at the rest of the story.  I made delcious chicken stock.  My living room is ordered with only a few things needing putting away. The things to put away even have a place to go! I have room in my livingroom for all my dvds.  This is huge for me.  I love my movies and it was getting so the stacks of movies were always in the way.  Plus, there is still lots of room for my music boxes and for Grandpa's beach.  

Big wins all around.  The sweaters and mitts and cowls will come along soon enough as will the shirt. Soon enough, I will be ready to just sit and knit a new warm woollen sweater just for me.

No comments: