Friday 6 August 2021

Over/Under/Round and Round

I spend a lot of time doing not a whole lot, or so it always seems to me.  Reality and sense says that I overestimate what can reasonably be accomplished by me in a day and  underestimate just how long a thing takes.  In between this over under nothingness, I knit.  And because it looks great, I will talk about the knitting first.

With fall coming on, I felt it was a good time to switch from the little green top to my Threipmuir.  Threipmuir will be needed come September.  Sport and fingering weight garments are perfect for the cool mornings coming.



It's easy knitting too.  The body is just my usual shaping and then as long as I can get from the yarn or something like that.  The yarn is Briggs and Little Sport and I am only the second ball of Seafoam, maybe a third of the way into the ball.  It is six inches from the underarm so I feel pretty confident that I have lots of yarn to get what I want out of this sweater.  Many people have added some extra colourwork at the bottom and if I needed to, I could do that if I find the seafoam is running low, but like I said, I feel pretty good about where I am on this.

I'm getting pretty good mileage each day too, even though I have only been knitting inbetween other bigger tasks.  See the progress keeper?


Yesterdays work.   That surprised me a bit bit round and round, mostly without thinking makes the knitting go fast.

Most of my day was spent with jam.  Finding a good recipe, pitting enough cherries, getting jars out and ready.  It is many many years since I made any jam at all.  It was a lot of fun.  I have six jars of lovely cherry jam and a mountain of pots and pans.  

I don't remember it taking so many pots and pans before.  

I didn't get everything done that I wanted this week, but I did a lot and much of it was different and not in my usual routine.   Mostly though it was that old nemesis, over under estimating.  I need to work on that.  Still and always needing to work on that.  It is a fulltime occupation.

No comments: