Wednesday 25 August 2021

A Mish Mash and Busy With It.

This is the most used handmade thing in my house right now.  The last few days it has been chillier and Marcus wraps himself in it day and night, unless he is playing outside.  


He is the ghost voice from under the blanket.

I also put my wool blanket back on my bed.  And for at least a few open window nights, I have thought about putting my wool filled comforter into use too.  

When summer started I had a ton of things I was going to do, and with the advent of the kids coming, everything changed.  Back to school means back to routines and routines for school don't include grandma. I am tired and ready for it to be over and yet, man am I going to miss them.  I think they feel the same.  It was not in their list of interesting things to do being ferried from grandmas house back and forth for the whole summer.  They miss their beds and the cats and mom and dad something fierce.  We have done what we could to make it easier for them, but they are both so little and so big at the same time.

Back to school also means back to my list of things to do.  I have to deal with raising the kitchen chair so that I can sit in it and enjoy the sun in the big window.  It is too low to get out of at the moment. Another kitchen project is to repot the plants I have in the kitchen.  The spider plants are just a wee bit agressive. I have my footstool project to finish.  My wip bins are getting new tops with heavy stuffing so they make more comfortable footrests.  Part of that process is to recover the base of the Bosnas stool with a dark navy fabric as well.  Two are covered already and have been waiting for a better cushion for quite a while now.

F1 is finally done the summer break.  The Begian Grand Prix is Sunday and I am so very much looking forward to it and to the races that follow.  

Knitting today is going to be Cassie's sweater.  I have decided what sort of finishing I will do and i am just going to cross my fingers that she likes it. She vetoed standard button bands so grandma had to think on that a while, but we are good now.  I cord to the rescue.  All pullover all the time.  That ought to keep me busy through the weekend and after that, definitely the Agate Cove pullover for me.  Might be another sweater started at the same time.   You just never know.  Always a plan.  Always lots to keep busy with. No time to feel too alone.

No comments: