Monday 12 July 2021

No Time for Boredom

I had a lovely weekend, though for a moment on Saturday morning it was much too quiet.  I missed the kids and their charging racing pace.  Of course this morning things are back to the summer usual and there are fruit loops all over the floor.  Don't ask.  As Marcus said, 'Seriously?' As they spilled for the second time.   

I had a marvelous weekend.  I got so much done that I wanted done.  

I cut out another pair of Muna and Broad's Glebe Pants.  I made a bunch of leggings and they were fine for winter, but in this summers heat, they are too much.  Every chance I get, I have been wearing my 2 pairs of these pants.  The wide legs are wonderful for hot weather.  They catch air under them and shade your body without the fuss and worry of skirts flying in the air.  I need more of them.  

This pair is a really lightweight knit.  Almost too light.  I am lining the significant parts with another layer of really light knit leftover from a long ago lining on a sweater.  The only change I made to the pattern was to go full width of the fabric on the legs.  It was such a small amount and extra gathers on a Glebe are not a bad thing in this airy fabric.  

There was just enough left to make a top.  I cut it simple.  The width of the fabric that remained, folded in half on the width and then fold in half to establish where the neck ought to be, a few snips to cut out the v neck and away we go.  I may take a bit off the sides over time.  It is quite wide but it is so light a fabric that I want to see how it wears first.  If it feels like it is in the way, then it will be trimmed.  

That was the work part of the weekend.  The joy part was knitting.  

I knit my heart out.  I knit early.  I knit late.  I knit long, but I also took breaks.  It was lovely.



I am well past corner 3 with a countable number of stitches left.   I do have one sad thing to mention though.  

I have to go back to where I started the edging and take out a few motifs.  When I started I wasn't thinking about corners so it is simply knit plain.  Had I knit the first section as if it was on a corner, I wouldn't be doing it now.  Note to self:  Self.  Be aware.  

It's  not bad really.  Starting as I did gave me time to think while I worked rather than stopping till I had all the details sorted and having it sit for months.  A sort of design on the fly, if you will.  I am so thrilled to be at this point in the knitting that none of that extra bit if work matters.  

So a really great weekend and a week filled with kids and water parks and playgrounds and sewing some airy summer wear.  Absolutely no time for boredom here.

No comments: