Tuesday 13 July 2021

Going green

We had a really great day yesterday.  The kids played outised at the park in the morning and it was even hard to get them to come in for lunch.  Then in the afternoon we watched a movie and some colouring math was done (you had to be there to know just how much) and then we played some games and it was magically suppertime.  In the evening they were very busy buiding some new lego sets for grandma.  They promised to keep the books and all the parts for each set in a bag so that even if the builds fell apart, they could rebuild.  They were pooped and fell to bed easily.

Today so far, no one has wanted to do anything.  Even me.

But I am knitting.  There is always that.  

After the rush of work on the shawl, I felt like picking up the green top.  

I am working on the last of the round yoke section.  After this, it goes into a raglan shaping.  I am not sure why, but I have to say, it will make a nice change.  The increases every 8 or 9 rows and then many increases sure works nice but gets a little numbing to knit.  But, if Rav peeps are saying it right, they all love the way the top turns out.  So, I will stick with the pattern, pretty much as is.  

I am a wee bit concrened about the width of the neckline.  I hate necks that slip off the shoulder so I am debating what to do.  I don't have to decide or do any try ons just yet.  The green skeins have a long way to go before I need to know if I have to save some metres to add more at the collar, or to make little shoulder pieces of some sort. 




I really like the way the skeins are working together and I love where it is going with the next skeins of yarn I have on hand.  It's a good thing I like it.  Sweater knitting at this gauge takes a lot of stitches. 

No comments: