Thursday 27 May 2021

The Silly In It.

I knit my heart out in the morning but the shawl is in 'that'  place.  It is midway on side three, the everlasting middle.  I knit.  That is all I know.

In the afternoon was my knitting zoom and it felt right to work on my wee sock monkey.  I made good progress.  My goal was to get the body done.  And here it is!


Do you see it?  What is missing?  It's supposed to be a stuffed toy.  I had the top closed up and was about to tuck away the last tail end of yarn when I realized that it wasn't stuffed.  

Sigh.  It took me longer to pick out my very well done closing than it did to knit the whole top.  




It did happen though.  My wee monkey is sitting here headless.  I feel like I murdered it.  It will be stuffed and reknit this morning.  

The next step is arms ears and face bits.  These need to have stuffing happen as they go of course or as they are attached.  

Silly little thing.

No comments: