Thursday 6 May 2021

Hacking

Today is probably not going to be a knitting day.  There may be some sewing but it is not a sewing day.  Today is a hacking of the furniture day.

I have a cubii 
pretty much like this one and I use it almost everyday.  It has made a very positive difference in my life.  There is only one problem.   Because I use it often, it stays right where I sit, out in the open.  It doesn't really bother me very often but there are times when I wish it had a bit of a home,  a spot where it could tuck into and not be so out there. 

I also have three Bosnas footstool/storage cubes for storing WIPs.  I like these because they do double duty as footstools and are sturdy enough for most adults to sit on because of the metal frame construction.  As a footstool, they are actually a bit low.  I have wanted to raise the height of them since I got them but I also find that for use when I am napping on my couch, that they are a little narrow.  Perfection would be wider.  

The Cubes usually sit in front of my loveseat, and act as a sort of coffee table.  I had the brainwave that since it was time to recover the cubes, that perhaps, I could add an extension to make a place for the cubii to tuck under as well.   Maybe it will have a home?  

I don't know.  Still playing around with the idea really.  I have all the materials or at least I think I have the materials and the stools are surely getting new covers, an added foam padding on top to make them higher and two are being joined by one common top.  But will cubbii have a place to tuck or will it remain that its only home is sitting just beside the new look, larger, taller footstools?   

 I just need to pull out the staple gun and start trying things.    

No comments: