Wednesday 5 May 2021

Brilliant Things and Endless Excitement Or How to Have a Happy Pandemic

See that button on a pin?



That button is my place marker at the start of each day of knitting.  That was yesterday.  It was a good day.

I kind of feel like powering through this big thing quickly right now so that I can go on to much more interesting knitting.  

Some of it would be seasonally appropriate knitting, as in knitting a summer tank top.  I have one I started with some Rowan Cotton Jeans that has been living in my stash since forever.  It was recovered from a top that did not work, and I really would like to wear it as a something.  It is really a superb yarn. Also reminds me that I have to add this project to Ravelry so I can track it.  

And there is my very interesting green sweater out of yarn from MacAuslands from my Epic Adventure.  


It has an interesting construction.  The back, which you see here is a bit farther than this now, very close to being complete.  Then there is a front panel to knit, or two front panels, if I make it as a cardigan.  Once those are done, I can start the bigger part of the knitting, the sides and the sleeves.  It is an any gauge sort of project of the best kind.  It still produces clothing that you can easily custom fit to you.

And then there is the exciting colours in my Starting Point.  I am so looking forward to feeling caught up enough to knit on that. I do have a goal for it. 




 I want to do at least one section a week as it would have been knit by its first knitters. It was a brilliant mystery knit along and at the moment, I am a week behind.  If I had been knitting it with the KMAL, this would have bothered me.  Because the make along is long over, it doesn't bug me at all.

Sitting here at my computer, I am also looking at a cabinet full of pre clothes.  Pre sweaters, and shawls and all sorts of yummy good knitting.  There are greens and purples and reds and beautiful blue Regal from Briggs and Little for  my Agate Cove sweater. 

Spring may not just mean knitting on tops meant for summer wear. It can also be knitting all the colours of the rainbows.  I love knitting greys and natural tones.  They are wonderful for fall and winter knitting but for summer, surely brilliant coloured things are a must.  Thinking of grays and natural tones  reminds me of my wonderful Shetland Shawl!.  Second Side half done.  Can't wait to work on it more.  

There isn't anything that isn't exciting to knit at any time of year, in any colour of yarn.  Needles and string things are endlessly exciting! I count myself very very lucky to be stuck in a pandemic with something I adore doing.  I am so lucky knitting is somewhere beyond craft into the land of compulsion for me.  It has made me have a happy pandemic.  Weird, maybe, but good.

No comments: