Wednesday 31 March 2021

Wednesday

I worked a ton on the blanket yesterday.  I measured and I have eight inches to go before the border.  I  thought it would be four or six but then I talked with the landlord and he says 'sure, but what about covering the bottom of my feet when my chin is covered?"  He thinks a couch blanket ought to be a bed sized blanket.  Harumphhhhhh  We shall see just what he gets.

I als worked on volcano embroidery.  All I can say is I am pretty pleased.  It is coming along quite nicely.

And then at the end of the day, I hit that place where there was day left but my hands and my close vision was done.  My brain went into action and I pulled out stuff that is future knitting.

The yarn for my Starting Point.  I need to set up a kit.



Once my new grandbaby is born, dad is only taking one week of  time off.  They have asked me to come and stay a week, possibly two depending on how fast momma and baby are both settled into the new routine.  I am really pleased to be able to help this way. 

But that means I need some simple knitting and Starting Point might be the perfect kind of thing to knit.  I do not expect substantial brain work to be required and it is a rather large wrap.  Should be good.  I plan to put needles and a printed copy of the pattern into a bag,  ready to go at a moments notice.  I may cast on the first few stitches and work through the first clue but only enough to understand the knitting principles, the increases and decreasees she is using for this design.  Once you have a good feeling for what is going on, it should be simple.  

One of the first things you have to do is to figure out which colour is which number.  She gives you a bit of a primer and here we are, left to right, yarn one to yarn five.  In her shawl she is onlly using one varigated yarn but my fifth yarn is also multi coloured but softly and gently coloured.  It is what I had that worked with the rest of these colours and  it will have to do.

I am going to work on the giant Shetland shawl this morning, and with a knitting zoom this afternoon, I am going to try to keep on working it.  If doing that lace edging isn't a good plan, I will know it quick enough and I have some socks at the ready. Or another project.  There still are lots of those on standby.


No comments: