Wednesday 24 March 2021

The Land of Purple Lava

This morning I sit in a torn apart living room.  I hauled everything out of the corners to give things a good clean and before you know it, the covers were off the sofa and down for washing in the big machine.  The last of the two loads is in the dryer as we speak.  


There is still a lot of work needing doing on the first set.  Ikea fabric covers need a seriously hat iron and steam to look decent again.


As much as the day was about cleaning, the day was about fooling around with lava. 



For a long time, my plan for this enthusiastically colored lava flow was to give it a hint of the flow.  I thought it would take forever to do it in long and short stitch and it will take a bit, but more importantly, it is the only way to really get the effect of the way he coloured his drawing into my embroidery.  So far so fair.


Grandma's embroidery skills are par for the course for the then four year old Marcus's coloring.  We are a pair.

I am going to have to change the purple colour as I go down the mountainside.  I don't have enough of the first purple to do it in a single colour as Marcus did.  I think he will like it though.  What you see here already has two very slightly different tones worked.  

There was a tiny bit of blanket knitting that happened but not only a few rows.  There will be a bit more today though.  I get to zoom with knitters today, and I have to say, how very nice.

No comments: