Wednesday 17 March 2021

Round and round...

Big news for me yesterday.  My order for just a wee bit more of the Jamieson's Shetland Lace Ultra is on it's way from Camilla Valley Farms.  With shutdowns it has been particularly difficult for this lovely little store to keep up to the demand for mail orders because everything is mail orders.  I'm just glad, shipping worldwide being what it is these days, that she has it in stock!  Yay for Camilla Valley!  

Win for me!  In a week or so, I will be able to start the last work on my lovely shawl, my lovely giant shawl of forever.  I am about 20 stitches to the corner at the moment but I didn't want tomove forward too much till I saw how well this new batch of  lace will match my batch from two years ago for tones.  It is a natural colour but even so, there can be variations.  If the difference is very visible, then I'd rather carry the odd man out right along, blended in with others a few rows at a time, than have a solid change and a part that is stick out like a sore thumb from the rest.

Once that shawl is complete, the only thing left in the overflow of projects I cannot fit in my WIP bins is the blanket, and the blanket will be done before too long.  It has been in that weird middle where it was too long to hold decently and too short to sit on to hold and work on at the same time.  It is almost long enough.  When it gets there, the knitting becomes easy and it will take only a few days to be done.  And then the box can go.

That excess has been living in my living room in one form or another for two  years.  For a while it was an uncontrolled pile of yarns, and then it was a box of stuff, and soon it will be gone.  This is good.

In other news, I found the loveliest sweater yesterday on Pintrest.  The desinger is on Ravelry but this design is not.  And it is breathtaking.  From Rimmen Design, the Heather Sweater.  Note that this pattern is only in Danish at the moment.  I have absolutely no problem with that because once the patterning is complete, I don't need the pattern much at all, but watch for it.  It appears that many of her designs do come out in other languages in time.

My busy mind had to have this pattern before I forgot about it so I purchased it already.  I have no idea what yarn I will use, though from the way it is desingned, a light yarn looks to be the right thing.  Possibly Einband?  Einband would certainly work, but I do not have the colours I would need. It would be lovely though and well worth the time sourcing the eggplant or lavender colour for the flowers and the green for the leaves and cuffs.  

But I do have another choice.  I have a bunch of white Knit Picks Palette.  I also have it in a light marble grey colour and black as well plus a whole range of colours, greens and certainly something that would work for the flowers.  I could play with the colours...

If you look  at the desgn on the link, you will note that there are a series of embroidered knots on each flower stalk as well as the design knit in, which is where I started when I was looking at things on the internet.  

See how it goes.  Round and round a central idea, lately, the embroidery even when I am trying to focus on what is in my hands, even when I am trying to focus on my knitting.  It jumps up and bites me so I pay attention to it.   Almost time to work on those volcanoes just to get it this particular round-about to stop.

No comments: