Monday 22 March 2021

Knitting!

I promised knitting this week and there was and is knitting.


Last time you saw this shawl, it looked like this.  It looked like this for a long time.  Friday it started looking different, but it was Friday. By Sunday afternoon, it looked like this.

  

It is larger than I thought it would be, much longer than my wingtips!  There is plenty to wrap and have ends hanging at the front to keep it all in place.


I could have done a couple more inches of pure black at the very start of the shawl,


but that would have changed the way I managed the other colours.  As is, I came in with just enough left for a pair of short wristwarmers or cuffs to keep my hands nice and toasty. A pretty good result, yes?  

An angora wrap. I don't think I understood just how much I was going to like this one.  The yarn itself was a test back when Elann was still selling in a reasonable manner and when they were looking at which way they would go with their lines of yarn.  Barb at the yarn store always used to say there would always be more good stuff but this could be one of those blends of fibres and yarns that will not be easily found again.   I wish I had more.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

It is gorgeous. I love the colours.