Wednesday 17 February 2021

Zipping and Zooming Along

First off, Hi Fay!  Zauberball is a sock yarn sold in a work from the outside ball.  It has marvelous long colour changes and the colours are nothing if not brilliant, from  Schoppel-Wolle.

I have been learning how to zoom lately.  I can go hermit for a very long time, but eventually, I need to talk  to real people, to see real people's faces.  And I have been having a wonderful time.   I learned some new technology and met some new people and renewed aquaintances and reestablished friendships.  Knitting has always been very social for me.  I was one of the very early joiners of my local knitting groups.  It was like finding my people, finding a friends who understood part of my weird.  It was something that I had never known before and that acceptance and understanding was lovely. 

And that is where all my knitting happened last week, such as it was.  I worked on the sock.




I do like this a lot more than I thought but seriously, this hasn't been the most inspiring sock yarn.  I am looking forward to something just a bit peppier for the next sock.

I worked on the blanket.





Other than its growing ever larger size, this blanket really is the perfect knitting for visiting.  You can see the marker from last weekes knitting showing just how much progress I made in the two zooms I attended.

Yesterday was a nice quiet day.  There were chores.  I had to make bread and while I was stuck in the kitchen I made my favourite vegetable of all for lunch for today, turnips.  Rutabagas, to be precise.  Swedes to be colloquial. I know.  Hard to believe that is is one of anyones favourites but oh my, mash it, sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese and some bread crumbs on top and bake it for a bit.  Heaven on a spoon. 

There was knitting too.  I worked on Thriepmuir.




I am down to six rows of patterned knitting now.  These last rows go fast.  There are not a lot of colour chnges and the design almost repeated itself as each feather got closer to the tips.  The last few rows will fair zip along.  I was having such a wonderful time working on it that it was hard to put it down to go to bed.  

Once the pattern work is done, it will be time to do some measuring and couting of gauge to determine just how much more yoke length I need and if there need to be additional increases.  I don't think I will need either.  Ysolda was an early adopter of sensible sizing for all bodies.  As much as I love the colourwork, I am really looking forward to the body of the sweater.  That too, becomes good knitting for visiting and I am going to need that for next week.

No comments: