Wednesday 10 February 2021

Buried in my Pretties.

This is a big dig, and like all the really big digs, this isn't a job that is going to be complete in an afternoon.  It is taking extra time this time, because I am shifting and moving things to better sort them with like yarns.  I have gone through 3 stacks of containers and have two more to go.  


Some parts of these two stacks are in other parts of the room at the moment.  Some are waiting to be completely filled as I move things and some are full and ready to go back into storage.  So far, I have found a few things that I want to knit in the next few weeks and months.


Those things are going on top of the giant box of blankets for the moment.  In the foreground is some really delicious Einband for Courant.  I am using my good stuff so Courant is on the list of gorgeous things to knit, though I may have just stumbled onto a problem.  Courant needs much more yarn than I have.  I must think on this. 

I have emptied three containers so far.  Sort of.  One bin is completely empty.  These two are currently holding yarn that needs a home.


These are yarns that were out of place in continers and I know that they all have better homes waiting. At this point I expect to fill other containers with about half of these yarns and my real goal of the whole process is to be able to come away with two completely empty tubs.   

One of the best things to come out of this dig so far is this.


These bins have acted as catchers.  They caught whatever I didn't put away.  I can't have that kind of thing sitting with space in them to put stuff.  The white one was in my Kallax bookcase back there.  It held a few doilies, a crocheted angel, some personal momentos.  When the shelf was moved to its current space, I suddenly had 'room' where I could stuff things for 'later'.  Later never seems to come and I end up tripping over it and hating that it is there accusing me of laziness as it does.  Everything has a place and that isn't it.  The pretties will get sorted to a more appropriate box and put on shelves and then, these bins are gone.  

I still haven't found that possible extra ball of Jamieson's Shetland Lace Ultra.  The lace and pretty yarns bins are still in the closet though, so I do still have a faint hope, but the longer I dig, the more sure I am I already pulled it from the rest of the things.  I am already checking if there is anything I need else I need from my source.

There are lots of other wonderful things to touch and feel and think about working with before I am done.  I have plans to make and dreams to dream today so onward I go, buried in my pretties.





 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Needles, I am breathless and in awe. I just love that someone out there has such a passion for yarn. It's truly inspiring. I have always enjoyed your posts regarding your stash. I can only hope to aspire to yours!

I bow to your collection.

Fay